Friday, May 27, 2011

Chapter 11

"Alex!  You look so calm.  What are you even doing on your f****** laptop at 12:30?  Aren't you hungry or something!  I burned my toast, and Marshall spilled his milk."
I am totally their mom, if it weren't for me, the house would be lit on fire and burnt to a crisp.  Clearly, Jeff was angry.  'Girls don't need to hear me on my bad side, so to make sure that doens't happen when one is around, I won't do it at all.'  In other words, he doesn't want to slip up swearin to girls if they happen to be there, in case he did it without thinking.  Smooth?  Maybe.
Truthfully, I couldn't be that worried about Marina.  I had just seen her, so of course she must be near by.  Maybe she went to a club and had a hangover, passed out?  I really don't care.
But I wouldn't let Jeff think that-Trista and Stella must be freaking out. 
"Well, um, I-".  Do know where she is, I thought. I just saw her early this morning.

I got off my seat.  This is serious.  I will be able to say it.  This is rediculous!  Almost laugh worthy...
"Jeff-I d-d-d..."
For some reason, I wasn't able to get the words out.  I couldn't tell him that I already saw her.  Things are just getting weirder and weirder.
"Alex, this is not the time to be playing jokes!  My girlfriend's going beserk.  Just tell me if you know where she is!  We've gotta get a search party goin-."
Well, there is one thing good about Jeff amongst other things-he is always devoted and faithful to his girlfriends.  It's just a matter of how long they last.  He is the equivalent of Bella-clingy, but could go for someone else once he's desposed of her. 

I really wanted to be helpful and supportive, honest.  But, I really couldn't be.  Something strange was going on with Marina, that was for sure.  I just have no idea what that could be.  I've never seen a girl act so odd ever.  Or me act so weird when I even try to mention her name.
"Alex, aren't you going to come?  Please?  Alex, we need all the help we can get."
For a second I thought about maybe texting on my phone to him that I just saw her this morning.  But, wouldn't that sound a little odd anyway?  Why would he believe that she just came in the middle of the night, all of a sudden, months later, to see me?  For some reason I didn't think I'd be able to even text it.
But oh-of course.  I had to go to work.  That saved me from trying to look in vain for the non-lost Marina.

After work, I decided I wanted to go swimming in our local pool.  It was feeling extra warm this evening-so why not take a dip?  I wanted to get a load off from the current events.  The roar of the water in my ears certainly seemed to make me think peacefully about my new situation- the girl of my dreams, Marina...it was all too much to take in.
But then I heard footsteps when I surfaced.  I was pretty sure that I was the only one in.  Technically the pool wasn't open at six, but I have my ways...

I turned around and I instantly saw Marina.  She playfully sat down and tossed her feet in the water, kicking and splashing ever so slightly.  She was even wearing the bikini she wore early this morning, which didn't help matters too much.
Instinctively, I found myself swimming to her.  She smiled a dirty smile.
"Hello, Alex.  I'm glad to see that you're here-"
She was here, even though Marshall and Jeff and the girls must still be looking for her.  She couldn't possibly have been found-or she wouldn't have been here.  At least that was my gut feeling.

She leaped up from her sitting position, backed up, and plugged her nose and cannonballed into the pool.  I really wasn't expeting that, cause really she seems like the kind of girl that would be like this:
'Uh, there is no way I am, like, totally going to mess up all my lovely hair.  Just, just no way.'
But, aparently I was wrong.  You can be beautiful, not care about your hair, and yet having it look good all at the same time.

When she surfaced, a lot of her energy seemed to have been wiped away by the cannonball.  Calmy, she layed back in the water and closed her eyes.
I found myself swimming to her.  I really longed to tickle her toes.

But when I actually got to her, she quickly sprang out of the water as quickly as she went in.  I followed suit.  I stared at the water, in a daze.  Calmy, she snuck up on me and squeezed me from behind just like what Stella did to Marshall the other day.  A girl never held me like that before.
I found myself melting into her arms.  They were tingly where her soft arms and fingers touched.

I turned around and without thinking held her for a minute.  She put her hands on my chest.  Our faces were very close.  I could feel her moist breath on my face.  It smelled-it smelled like...
Huh.  Nothing.
You thought I was going to say mint?  Well, you're mistaken.  It definitly wasn't mint.  It was the smell of the lack of a smell-if that makes sense.
But, the lack of a smell in her breath wasn't really a bad thing (better than bad breath).  My lips were centimeters from hers-and I realized this was it.
Now, I know this is reality.  I just came from work, then I was swimming.  This is Marina.  I am not in a dream, this is real.  And it's actually going to happen.  For real.

But at the last second an invisible wire pulled me from her.  It was as if the desire for her ended again, right at the pull of a brain neuron.  It didn't even feel like I was pulled from her physically, only mentally.
I ran from her.  I did not want myself to change my mind.  Changing my mind seems to be the only thing I do when she's in my sight.

I just wanted to go to bed and forget this little encounter!
I was swimming.  Then, I saw her across the pool.  She was searching-searching for someone.  There were many guys at the pool, and clearly she was searching for one of us. 
This is exactly what happened to me the other day in that dream with her!
And bam, I used her as a dream sign. 
What shall I call her?  Oh, of course.  Lucid girl.
It is because of her that I now know how to lucid dream- and I was pretty sure that she would be the cause of many more to come.  What other name would suit her better?

Then, I saw she spotted who she wanted.  She spotted me.  She started to walk to the pool, and I swam over to her as fast as I could.

And then, I was out of the pool and we were in the gazebo high up away from everyone else.
"What is your name?"  She smiled widely, sinfully.
Her question was one that I wasn't expecting for just any old dream character (yes, that is what a person is called in a dream).
"Um-my name is Alex Evans."
"Well-thank you Alex Evans."
My name sounded strangely sweet coming from her lips.  I longed for her to say my name once more.
"Oh, but Alex.  That is a waste of time."
I looked down sad that she didn't like me...

But, clearly that's not what she meant.  I blinked, and when I opened my eyes her lips were on mine before I had a moment to think.  It was a strangely sweet sensation.  I felt an intense glow in my stomach.
Huh, my first kiss and it's not even in the real world...
That was all I had time to think of because before our kiss lasted any longer than three seconds, everything faded...

By the time the kiss was over meaning the dream was too, I just kept my eyes firmly shut.
Can't I just be back there for like twenty more minutes?
I read about one version of a lucid dream where you could go back into a lucid dream you just had, which is called WILD- wake initiated lucid dream.  Instead of just finding out that you're dreaming in the middle of the dream, with this type you know instantly that you're dreaming once you land in the dream.

I stared at my alarm clock.
Gah!  Only 5:30?  What's wrong with my sleeping schedule lately?

Well, there is one thing I knew for sure.
I have got to kiss me another girl again, and soon.
I just hope that that is the sensation of a real kiss- a nice, hard glow in your stomach, soft lips touching...Everything.  Well, there is one thing I know for sure.
I do want to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment