Monday, May 30, 2011

Chapter 12

I looked in the water at my reflection
Gah, I'm so hideous!  How did this crap get on my face?  Who was it!?  Marshall or Jeff?
I looked around and realized that I wasn't home.
Why on Earth did I leave the house looking like this?
I made up my mind, Jeff definitly did this to me.
Yeah, you're going to pay for that Jeff.  I'm not going to let you get away with this!  I can come up with something much worse to do to you!

My thoughts of what that would be were suddenly interupted.  I looked in the water and I saw my hideous clown like reflection, but I also noticed that I was also behind me, another me...
Jeff, I don't know how you did it, but stop.  The joke is over and this isn't funny.  You are such the master of disguise.
I was jumping to conclusions since it wasn't logical that there would be another me behind me.

But then I heard footsteps, and I knew it wasn't other me's footsteps.  I knew it was lucid girl.  Not that she was walking over super gracefully, but I heard her walking swiftly behind me.  Certainly those were not 'my' footsteps.  I sensed it.
"What's the matter Alex?  You okay?"
"Um..."
"Here, let me see."

"No I'm not okay.  Look at my hideous face.  Jeff must have did this to me!"
"Oh, it's okay.  It's just a little makeup.  Here, let me get that."
Slowly, she rubbed the makeup off my face effortlessly.  Her hands weren't even stained when she was done.
"All better now?"
"Yeah-thanks so much..."
I just liked that she was finally here, and in my real life!  It was my dreams come true.
"Come, let's walk awhile."

So we did.  We walked all around the city.  But then we stopped for a little conversation.
I found my eyes dipping into her cleavage.  She even had a necklace on, I noticed for the first time.  It glimmered in the sunlight.  I've never seen a necklace quite like it before.  Girls don't usually even wear necklaces.  It's nice to see a girl wearing something different for a change.
She could see me starin down there...Her left eyebrow went up, "Do you like my dress?"
She must have known that I was stareing down her cleavage, but didn't prefer to put that in her question.
"Um, yes I like your dress.  Very turquoise-ish blue."
Gosh I'm lame.  Turquoise-ish blue?  That's the best I could come up with?  She must think I'm a prick.
"Alex, you're not lame.  I don't think you're a prick, it's just the natural reaction of a guy.  You can't help your nature, can you?  And it's not turquoise-ish blue.  It's teal-ish blue.  There is a difference."
Really, what is with girls and their obsession with exact description of colors?
"Turquoise is more blue than green-but teal, teal is more green than blue.  There is a difference."
Wow, it's nice that a girl likes a different color other than pink for once.  And teal-I've never really heard of that color.
It's not like I obsessivly think about colors everyday.
"Thank you Alex, that is what I was goin' for."

"Oh-and before you leave-"
This is where it got strange.  She leaned over to kiss me in a much better way than last time (I got to touch her hair, she pulled me in).
But...For some reason I was pulled to third person point of view-literally.  It felt as if my soul was pulled away from my body just looking at me and her kissing.  Because of this, I didn't feel a thing.  I was very disapointed.

Sadly, I got up.  I stared at my feet.  I invisioned them hurting really bad because dang does that lucid girl walk fast.  Usually a girl walks slow when she's with her boyfriend (or whatever you want me to be called to her).  But she was practically pulling me along when we were holding hands.
Lately, my dreams have been getting weirder and weirder and more interesting.  I've noticed that she is only in my dreams when I wake up before six-so I've been trying to get up earlier just so she could be in my dreams more often.  I would love to see her all the time.
I don't know, I like her because she is different.  I know she is just a person of my dreams, but she is just what I want in a girl.  I do not want a cookie cutter girlfriend.  She isn't the skinniest girl ever, she doesn't try to look super pretty.  She just is.  She doesn't mind that she's different.  And I like that.

Since it was early, I decided to go on the computer.  I wasn't going to look that dream up.  I haven't in a long time, I really don't think they could mean that much.  They're just dreams. 
Instead, I decided I would look up some random facts.  I am into that kind of thing.  I saw one webpage like this.  These were the most interesting facts I saw.

Random Facts

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.
The Neanderthal's brain was bigger than yours is.
The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley.
Every year about 98% of the atoms in your body are replaced.

I am such a curious person!  It's nice to know the randomest of things, things that you don't even think about.

Once I was satisfied with my random fact browsing, I decided it must be time to make breakfast.  By now Marshall and Jeff must be wanting food. 

While I was making breakfast (which, by the way, is waffles, yes, I am in a good mood today), Jeff was looking at the newspaper.
Something caught his eye, "listen to this, Marshall.  There's a dream presentation in Bridgeport late this summer.  Who really would go to that?"
"What the heck, are you sure?  Who cares about dreams!  They're just in your head.  People that like them should just get a life."
Their comments hurt me deep.  That's why I never told them about my dreaming, they are only open to what they like, and they don't open up their thoughts to something so foreign to them.  They probably wouldn't hate it so much if they just tried to listen to their dreams and lay back and try to remember them.  But some people never change, and that's Jeff and Marshall.  But they're not always so bad with certain things.

When I handed everyone there waffles, Jeff threw the newspaper by my plate.
"Just look at the article.  It's a riot."
Of course I did, but in a different way than they thought that I would look at it.  I didn't look at it like it's a joke, but to see it's details.  Maybe I'll go.
I read the article word for word, and luckily Jeff and Marshall didn't question my interest, since they were much too interested in their waffles.
Basically, there are a bunch of everyday people who talk about their dreams.  But these aren't just any random people, people who's lives were touched in some way by dreams, or were just good lucid dreamers.
Right down my alley.
Basic information about dreams will be shared, and basics of lucid dreams and how one can get one.  Then, some people will share how their lives were touched by dreams, and how they started to lucid dream if they do.  They'd also give tips.
But unfortuanatly, the presentation was on a Wednesday.
No big deal, Mr. Simmons will let me take the day off!  He'd understand.
Lucky for me, he'd probably give me the day off without asking what I'd be doing.

"Thanks for these waffles, Alex.  They're really good!  You should make them more often.  I can't believe you didn't even burn them!  You would make a perfect wife."
"Yeah Alex, some woman would be perfectly glad to settle down with you, since they could just lay back and let you do all the work for them!  You'd be a great catch."
I smiled at that remark, though I knew it wasn't true.  No woman wants me, and if they do, they are demented.
Like Marina.
My whole body shivered at that thought.
"Oh, and speaking of that-we hired a butler so you wouldn't have to do all the chores anymore!"
The only reason Marshall and Jeff got by without working is because of my rich family.  Basically, we're old money.  My uncle Otto lives in a grand mansion that's been in our family for generations.  He's also a great CEO.  My father moved out of the mansion when he married my mother.  But they still get some of the money.  My parents just didn't want to live in the grand mansion.  It's not really their style.
"Oh-um...a butler?"
I wasn't quite too sure about that...
"Yeah, you could use a break.  Your the only one that works, so why should you have to do all of the cleaning too?
In other words, they want to be nice to me by using my money to pay for a butler.  How ironic.
"When is she going to get here?"
"Oh, I don't know, she's supposed to get here any time this morning."
"But the house-"
"Oh, she's a butler.  It's not like you have to make the house look nice for her."
He did have a point.

Soon enough, I heard the doorbell ring.  Marshall and Jeff shushed me to the door, as if I needed to be the first to meet her.
"Hello sir, I'm Suzy your new butler."
"Oh, hello.  You don't have to call me sir, call me Alex."
"Oh-um, are you sure?"
Aparently butlers have to be very formal at first.
"I insist."
She smiled. "Alex it is.  Now if you'll excuse me-I'll start to survey the place and clean."

She started with the living room.  She not only dusted and polished everything, but she even was cleaning each and every leaf of our plants.  I've never seen the place so clean.
I took a book, pretending that I would be reading it.  But really, I was checking her out.  She reminded me of Lucid Girl.  I'm not exactly sure why, besides her blonde hair.  They look nothing alike, but I thought so anyway.  Maybe it was her aura.

I went to sit down to read my book.  It was one book that my father had aquired at some point.  With him being an author and everything, books just seemed to come his way.
I didn't even know what I was reading.  Something about the relationship of a man and his dog helping him meet women.  But I didn't care.  I was just looking at the living, breathing woman before me in the same room.

Later, I went into my room because I felt like chilling a bit.  But I noticed that Suzy was in there, and aparently she was finished. The room sparkled.  I was about to leave since I didn't want to intrude (even though it is my room), but I was stopped.  She was walking toward me.
It's all right, I don't have to admit I like her.  As long as she doesn't know, I'll be fine.
That's the thing with me.  As long as I know a girl doesn't know that I like her, than my speech is fine and I don't get red.
I guess she could tell that I was about to leave, "oh, it's ok Alex.  You don't have to leave."

"I want to get to know you better.  Come, let's sit and talk."
Oh llama, she likes me.  What kind of a butler hits on her employer?  Like none, usually it's the opposite.  Like those old political hotshots.  They're bored with life, and force the butler/maid to woo hoo with them.  It's sick.  But I can't be told off for doing to that to my butler-it's her that clearly wants me.
"Oh, um...sure."

So, we started to talk.  I was careful of what I said.  I didn't want to tell her everything about my life.  It's not that I was being phony, just that she doesn't need to know everything.  If I told her everything, I knew she would instantly become uninterested.
I think I'm always going to have to put up this barrier with everyone in my life. *Sigh*.

2 comments:

  1. o-lala does the butler have a crush on Alex ;)
    Sorry I haven't commented alot, but I've been readin' the whole time :)

    -Aila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh. Someone's got the hots for Alex!

    Gah, I love this story so much. :)

    ReplyDelete