Monday, June 20, 2011

Chapter 19

 The janitor went right over to the puke to do his job, and that awkwardness subsided.
But then a new type of awkwardness arose.  Rachelle threw her head back, and started to crack up.  Her whole body was shaking, she was laughing so hard.  So hard she probably was going to start ROFLing if you know what I mean...
I give her this look (her expressions are seemingly starting to appear on my face!), but that just makes her laugh louder.  Somehow I encouraged her to laugh more without meaning to.

Finally, she stopped, it didn't ever seem like she ever would!  I really liked her laugh.  It's nice to hear people laugh now and then, because I don't really know anyone that does that often.  And, she already says that she laughs a lot.  That will be a breath of fresh air (yeah, I said will).
"I'm going to have to send the kids in soon, once the janitor is done cleaning up and it looks like that's going to be soon..."
She stared deep into my eyes not wanting me to go, so that was my push for what I was about to do.
"Hey, I don't want to just leave you, leave you, like, never see you again.  I finally found you, and I didn't even know I was going to ever find you when I first started having those...dreams.  I can't just leave and that's it!  Will you go somewhere to eat with me tonight...?"
Have I ever told you, Marshall and Jeff, that I love you and appreciate you, because otherwise my finger would've frozen in mid-air and she would've moved her hand across my eyes and ask, 'is anybody there?'
"That was quite a drawn out way of asking me out."
I blushed.  It was, it really was.
"And I like it-no need to get red.  Oh, but you can, scratch that.  You're adorable when you blush.  Of course I'll go to dinner with you-I thought you'd never ask.  But I have to warn you, I am very weird.  You up for that?
I nod forcefully, so much so that I thought my head was going to wam right over to the end of the room in the fish tank on her desk.
She raises one eyebrow. "Alright, don't say I didn't warn you.  Where did you have in mind?"
"I thought you'd pick it, since you live here and everything..."
"Yeah, I do now, but I haven't for long.  But I do know of a place.  Danny's Grillhouse is really good.  It's not upscale or anything, don't worry.  I'm not really an upscale girl."
"Oh good, that's great.  Cause I'm going to warn you, I only brought these clothes because I thought I was only going to be here for one day-then you came along..."
"It's okay, I'm not the type of girl that wants the guy to wear a suit to a casual barbeque place.  Everyone would look at you all..."  She gave this disgusted face.
"Alright, I'll pick you up at seven. What's your address?"
She put her hand up.
"Pick me up at five.  You may be used to those classic dates in which the girls want to be picked up at seven, but I'm not a classic girl.  And my address is..." She found a piece of paper and wrote her address on it.
"Alright, five it is."
Llama, I really like this girl.  While everyone is the rose, she's a tulip, so for once I don't feel so alone.

Once it was finally five o' clock and I was completly bored of having absolutely nothing to do at the hotel, I went over to her address.
It wasn't really what I expected.  Her house didn't scream unique like she was, and it was on the smaller side.  But really, all people on their young twenties side are on the small side in where they live, I was just lucky because I technically come from money.  Plus, Bridgeport is a city and I can't imagine how much her bills must be.  She did keep it up well, though.  There were cute little trees around the front yard, as well as some flowers.
For once, I didn't read her house to determine who she was.  As she even said, she is not a classic girl, and this house is totally suburban classic looking.

I knocked on the door, and she came bursting out, and I use that term loosely.  It's not like as soon as my knuckles hit the door, her hand was right there opening the door up, and coming out so fast that she practically hit her head on the door because of the speed in which she made it out the door.  No, I mean she came out right when I knocked on the door without it being insane.  See, I was right.  A classic suburbian lady would have still been doing her hair, and would yell out 'I'll be there in a minute', when really it would be another ten minutes.  I was just glad that Rachelle wasn't like that!
I was intrigued to see what she wore when she stepped out.  She certainly wasn't like one of those prissy blondes that say 'wear something casual', but really they look super glamorous when they step out of the door.  She was casual, but I could see that she didn't just throw it on.  The color of her shirt was teal (the only reason I remember that is because she explained that color in a dream once), and across it was polka dots.  Not your everyday shirt.  She topped it off with dark jeans.
"Nice outfit, Rachelle!  You look beautiful."
"Thanks, Alex."
It's creepy to me that she knows my name without my ever saying it, but I guess I technically told her in a dream once when she asked.  It's weird that she even asked.  I mean, who asks for your name in a dream, especially if you're lucid?  Because I don't go around in lucid dreams and ask what anyone's name is, because it doesn't matter...  I could spend the time doing something else.

We arrived at Danny's Grillhouse pretty quickly.  Unlike with Cassandra (I guess I'm going to just keep comparing the two, even though they're nothing alike, just because she was the only person that I've ever gone on a date with, besides Rachelle), the ride went very well and the awkwardness was kept to a minimum.  We did talk about things, but do I remember what?  Not really.  We just talked about the randomest things.  Sometimes we both got a little weird, but obviously we were getting comfortable with each other already, and I suppose it's because we both detected our weirdness.
"This looks like a really nice place!"
"Yeah, it is.  You've just got to try one of their cheeseburgers.  They're like totally melt in your mouth... and the buns are so soft and delicious..."
"You would do well as a door to door salesman."
Yes, I was able to slip my job in there!
I wasn't quite sure why I even cared to do so, maybe because I was desperate for her to know me from the inside and out, because maybe she would get me.
I was cut off by her answering because then we were inside, and the host was there, ready to show us our seats.
"Hey folks, this your first time at Danny's Grillhouse?"
Rachelle spoke for me, "Nah, not mine, but it is his."
"Well then, I'm sure you'll really like it here, sir.  I would like to let you guys know that we have a special tonight, prime rib for only sixteen dollars for eight ounces!  It is very mouthwateringly succulent!"
I giggled to myself, because he sounded just like me when I was trying to sell something, except I've never tried to sell food.
"Table for two, please."
"Okay then, follow me."

As we were walking, I saw that snobbish guy from the park.  He gave me this odd smile as I walked past.  Maybe he actually did know who she was, or he was just noticing that I was there, and acknowledging me.  It surely could've been a sarcastic smile, but maybe he was genuinly happy to see me, or maybe he was smiling that I was with her.  All things aside, I smiled back at him.  Couldn't hurt, right?

As the host was showing us to our table, Rachelle's speed quickened just as I remembered she had in my dream.  She even speed walks in real life!
The host showed us to a nice little table (lucky for us, it was somewhat outside the traffic area of the restaraunt).
"Your waitor should be right with you."

"Hey folks, welcome.  May I take your order?"
He looked at Rachelle, "Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger, medium rare, with french fries."
She had it all figured out.
"You know, I'll have the same thing.  Thanks."

"So, wow, you really do walk fast just like in my dreams."
"Oh good, you remember that one.  The one where you had all sorts of makeup on, and you were panicking about it."
"Ha ha, yeah, that's the one."
We both smiled like idiots, because we both knew that we were actually in each other's dreams.  At least that one.
"I've always been a speed walker.  I pass people if they walk really slow, but I hate running.  I despise it from the inner core of my being."
"Me too.  I've never really been a sports person."
"Neither have I!  I'm more of a creative person."
"That's cool.  So what dreams do you remember me being in? I want to make sure we're on the same page.
"Well...the first one at the beach..."
She seemed a little uncomfortable going into detail about that one.
"Oh yeah, what about that one?"
"Oh-um...nothing."
"Oh yes, you know."
"Look.  In all sorts of lucid dreams, I tend to...lookforguyssoIcankissthem.  It's really strange, I know, but I get this nice sensation in my dreams.  Let's just say that I'm more outgoing in my dreams than I am in reality."
"I hear ya-actually, I've tried it on someone....doing it...And, I know what you mean..."
Silence. Why did I have to bring this up exactly?  Awkward.
"What about the space one?  How did you just come all of a sudden?"
"I don't know, but I have this theory.  What we have going on is a phenomena called shared dreaming.  It's not scientifically proven, and some people claimed to have had it happen to them before, and the other person agrees.  I've never really believed it, but I didn't put it in my head as impossible either.  But now it's happening...and it's just so weird.  What happened in the space dream...since you were in that other dream of mine, somehow, in the back of my mind, I could feel your presence and I could tell you were in trouble.  Somehow I was able to teleport to where you were...I don't know.  I think it was only able to happen when I was lucid..."
"Oh my llama.  That means I could probably do that same thing-"
"Yeah, and I could read your mind, too.  That's why I knew exactly what to say without you speaking-this is weird, Alex.  People have had shared dreams before-supposedly-but I've never heard of them reading each other's minds before.  We have something special."
I grinned, and she grinned too except hers was more enthusiastic than mine.  I guess she just likes to express her feelings more openly than I do.
"It seems to me that you've been stalking me.  You find me at the beach one day-and by the way, you choose to kiss me and not any of the other guys though of course that wakes me up- then you find me in space, then you find me with makeup on, and then you save me from gettin eatin by a blood thirsty vampire."

Then she gives me this face that says, 'oh no you di'in't'. "Um, excuse me, but I saved your butt Alex.  And...well, you were the cutest guy at the beach..."  Suddenly she became interested in her invisible plate.
"That's it, Rachelle!"
She smiled.  Aparently she likes it when I say her name. "What's it?"
"You were able to find me in my dream because of my extreme emotion of me calling for help inside my head.  You have to be dramatic in your dreams, and if I'm lucid, I should be able to find you!"
"Oh my llama, you're right!"
We both started to laugh.  We just came up with a 'conclusion' that wasn't necessarily correct, but it sure did sound logical.
"My dreams are always so bland.  Heck, I don't really have nightmares in which I ever call for help inside my head.  I always think it's because I already feel the dream aura-like, in the back of my mind I always know that I'm dreaming, just not always consiously.  If I can control my emotions-and surely I can in a lucid dream, I can call out dramatically in my head!  Heck, I'm all about being dramatic.  Surely you've noticed my facial expressions?"
She thinks it's a possibility that I didn't?
"Yeah, of course.  They are pretty funny."
Then she says what I didn't think she would, "really? Thanks."  Her voice changed drastically with each word.

Soon, we got our delicious burgers.  "Enjoy your meal, folks."
What is up with professionals always calling people folks?  It's not like that word is used in everyday conversation.
Before Rachelle was able to take a bite, I do, and I make this face.
"Ew, this burger is so gross."
She stares at her burger with her giant eyes, "oh ma gah-really?"
She puts it down like she's holding a spinach sandwhich, looking away.  "I can't believe I almost ate that."
Then we both burst out laughing.  I could tell that a few people were staring at us, but just like when I was in school and I asked some random question, I didn't care.  I basked under people looking at me even if I should care. If I was with literally anyone else they would have to mention that people were staring at us, and that I was 'embarrasing them.'  But not with Rachelle.  She seemed to feel the same way I did.
"This burger is really good.  I love how much cheese is on it."
"I know right?  Me too, I simply adore cheese."
"I could never cook a burger like this at home."
"Wait, you cook?"
"Yep.  I'm the one that does it in my house.  I live with my friends Marshall and Jeff-oh wait.  We have a butler now and she cooks.  But yeah, I used to be the one to cook.  I do it since no one in my house used to."

"Well, that's nice.  I live alone.  I just moved here recently because I finished college, and I was just able to find a job here at Bridgeport.  The moving thing I can deal with, I guess.  I've had a few major moves in my life.  They've always involved my dad's job. And as for the alone part, I guess you could say that I'm a loner.  Ever since I was a teenager, I was fine being alone, but I have this theory that that's because of what's happened in my past.  I'd rather not get into it.  It's a long, unfortuate story.  I've always felt that no one has ever 'gotten me', like even my best friend.."
I smiled, though that might have been cold.  She raised an eye brow.
"Sorry, I really am.  I feel the same way-about the no one's ever 'gotten me', part.  No one gets me.  I'm all about analogies, I ramble, and then of course there's the new-ish dream lover part of me."
"Well, then I think we'd get along very nicely."
"But I think we already are."
"So tell me about your job, you already know mine.  Are you a salesman like you mentioned earlier?  About that.  I like to think that I am awfully good at descriptions of food.  Especially with pizza.  Like, 'the cheese oozes over the crust, and under the cheese, is a nice, perfect layer of savory tomato sauce, with just a hint of slightly spicy peperoni (my favorite topping), and the crust is soft and slightly golden brown.  To top it off, the perfect proportion of spices is sprinkled over the pizza.'  How was that?"
"That sounded delicious.  And though this burger is good and I'm extremely full, I want pizza now."
"I know, right?"
"You would make a perfect salesman, and yes, that is my profession.  I'm a door to door salesman.

In no time, the waitor comes over to take our plates, and gives us the check.  It was only thirty simoleons.
"I'll pay, Rachelle."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, it's fine.  You can pay next time."
Rachelle smiled wide, aparently happy that I mentioned that there would be a next time.

Once the check was over, I was getting ready to head out.
"Oh come on, do we have to leave right away?  There's a shuffleboard upstairs.  Or are you too scared?"
"Of course I'm not too scared-it's not like I'm going to let myself be beaten by a girl."
We both laughed at that, because she could see right through my statement.  I don't care if I get beaten by a girl or not, I'm not like that.  And aparently she realized that.

"Here we are!  I love it up here because barely anyone ever comes up here."
"Are you sure that we're even allowed to be up here?"
"Oh, silly Alex.  Of course we are!  Why else would this be here?  There's nothing to worry about!  Do you see the game police coming up here?"
"I guess not." I cracked a grin.  I could really get used to her sense of humor.
"Good.  Now be a good boy and play shuffleboard with me!"

Rachelle ended up beating my by five points.  She was pretty good at it, while I sucked because I've never really played before, but it was easy enough.  At least she made it look easy enough.  I failed miserably. She was always cheering for herself if I would knock her disk thing in better, or if she made a good shot.  I could tell, though, that she wasn't being a poor, erm, winner?  It was just her.
"Oh yeah, I got one and you didn't!  Oh my gosh."
I could tell it was all good-natured.   She really was a fresh ball of...something.

On winning, Rachelle was trying to make me feel better.  Kinda. "Oh, it's okay Alex, you'll do better next time.  I know it." She poked me on the side, and gave me this creepy smile.
"Yeah I will!  And you better be ready for it."
"Now come on, we're going to play dartboard too.  There's something you need to know about me:  I hate sports and have never been competitive in gym.  But when it comes to games, I, well, bring up my game a little more and am somewhat more competitive with them because I actually like them."

She took us over to the dartboards.  "But I do have to warn you, though I am good at shuffleboard, I fail miserably at darts.  So you may just win this time."
Her first few shots were pretty good, actually.  I wasn't quite sure if she was being modest, or was just getting lucky.
"Tell me some more about your job, Alex.  Why did you want to become a door to door salesman?"
"Oh, I guess because I don't feel I have any real talents except for persuasion and being charismatic-sorta.  It's odd, actually.  I'm only charismatic if I don't have to initiate conversation unless it makes 'sense'-like being a door to door to door salesman, it's not weird to be the one to initiate, since that's my job.  But if someone comes up to me, I'm usually all good."
"I know what you mean.  It's weird to just go up to a random person and say, 'hey what's up?'.  Then there's a good chance they'll look at you all funny."
"EXACTLY! Oh my gosh, you could be my twin."
"I know, right!"

After the game was done (and I ended up winning by a few points.  Aparently those first few shots were luck), I took her home.  We both had a lot of fun, and we got along extremely well.  Like, creepy well.
Though I could tell she was getting tired (it was ten freaking o' clock!  Time really flew..), we both still joked the whole way.
"Why can't you just pass through a stop light if there's no one in sight?  Geez!  There's like no one out!"
"Yeah, wouldn't that make sense!"
"Well, I guess we could get hit by a car, but lights should somehow know that no one was coming from the other way and that we were waiting for it to turn green, so then it could change to green and red for the other people!"
"Yeah, that could work!  You should write a letter to city hall to demand this!"
"Totally!"
We both started to crack up (and I tried to do it with my eyes open since I was driving, but that was difficult, lucky for me few people were not on the roads, even though it was just a Thursday night, there should be more cars out just because it's Bridgeport).  I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life.

"I've had a really nice night, Rachelle.  You're amazing.  I've never clicked so much with a girl before, not that I've been with that many..."
Her eyes got big. "WHAT?"
"Yeah, it's true.  I'm just a lame twenty two year old that's never kissed a girl in his life.  I've only been on one date, and that was only a few weeks ago, and it was bad."
"Me neither..."
"It's not like girls have never liked me, it's just that I could never fully open myself up to them because they would only think that I'm a freak."
"I think you're a freak, Alex.  But I'm a freak too.  Let's be freaks together?"
I could tell she was getting nervous, but she was deeply trying to hide it.  It must have been very hard for her, considering that she's not one to hide her emotions.

Instead of answering her, I went in to kiss her.
So, this is it.  I'm going to have my first real kiss, and I'm not even dreaming.  This time I know I'm not.  And it's with Rachelle-the only girl that I've ever truly clicked with-or person for that matter.
The kiss.  Was.  Amazing.  Her lips were slightly moist and tasted like cherry.  I did feel the butterflies in my stomach, and I was getting a little tipsy.  The butterflies were much more intense than I even remembered in my dreams.  It was much better than any of the three kisses I've had in my dreams.  The sensation was much more real, and her lips truly felt more...like lips.  And-just the whole thing was in more detail, since it was real and not really what I was expecting.  It was more than I was expecting.  It was a little awkward since neither of us have ever kissed anyone, but it didn't seem to matter since we were in it together. Somehow, I felt like I knew her more than anyone I've ever known in my life, even though I've only truly known her for two days.  Clearly, we have a rare bond.
I pulled my lips away, and though I wanted to kiss her again, I knew I'd have time for that another day.  This wasn't a one time affair.  Though now I have a girl, this isn't like anything Marshall or Jeff have ever dealt with before.  This wasn't a fling, or only about the romance.  It was about our bond.  Our fruit tree is already expanding across the universe as it has already had time to grow-even before we officially met.
"I will see you tomorrow."
I had to be direct, there was no way I was not not going to see her again.
"Yes, I would like that.  You can stop by anytime after four."
I wasn't quite sure what I would do until then, but it didn't matter.  I couldn't just leave Bridgeport.  Guess I'll just have to call Mr. Simmons and ask for another day off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As already stated, Rachelle is my simself and I am depicting myself how I would really react in these situations.  I'm only seventeen though, so I'm not a teacher but I'm thinking about it.  I really am weird!  LOL.

In most stories I feel you don't understand who they are, really, or why they're with a certain person and why they're together.  In books, it says that they click or understand each other, and I hope that I have truly expressed all of this without only saying it.  I feel like you all should get Alex really well by now (thoughts in italics and all), and the bond between Rachelle and him is extremely aparent.

Though this story may seem to be ending-maybe-I am going to continue with Rachelle and Alex, of course-but there is something else big that will happen that I guarantee none of you will guess.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwww :)

    Rachell and Alex are soo cute together! Er..I mean You and Alex..or your simself and Alex...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO YOUR NAME IS RACHELLE!?!!?!?! THATs MY SISTERS NAME! LOVE THE CHAPTER!

    ReplyDelete