Friday, April 15, 2011

Chapter 2

I was standing in a graveyard, and I noticed a particular grave.  I starated staring at it, looking quite grave.  All around I saw mud and weeds.  But at the grave surrounded many flowers and even a couple of flowering trees.

I wonder why all around me it looks so dead, and then right where the grave is, everything is alive.  Shoudn't it be the opposite?  Everything alive all around me, then dead by a grave? 

I walked closer to the grave, and I sat down cross legged.  Once I read the epitath, I put my arms around my legs and made a fist, clenching my hands together tightly.  The epitath was my great grandfather.

I started to contemplate the grave before me, Why is his grave here?  Why not amongst all the other graves? Then I remembered why his grave was here and not with the others.  My father was special when he was alive, so he deserved his own, special spot for his grave.  The flowers and the flowering trees are there because he was such a great man when he was younger, so his greatness still looms even though he's dead.

And then, my great grandfather's ghost sprung out of the grave, and he floated above it.  I looked up at him.
"My great grandson.  Ah, it's such a pleasure you're here.  Why is it that you come to my humble gravesite?"
I had no clue why I was even here.
"Um...I have no idea grandfather."
"Well-I know exactly why you're here.  I've been expecting you.  I'm quite disapointed in you, grandson.  I can't even believe you're my grandson!  How are we even related!"
Tears started to well up in my eyes, and I looked down in embarrasment.
"What did I ever do to you?"

Then he sunk down to the ground, and all of a sudden I notice this lady out of the corner of my eye.  I turn, and I was astonished at the site.  My ghost grandfather just started to kiss this lady like he had no business!  He just went over there with a neutral expression, and just kissed her like he was writing his name.

I opened my eyes, and the lady disapeared.
"Now do you know what I was talking about, Alex?"
Chills ran up and down my spine when he said my name.  I looked down in shame at his question again.  I started to whimper.
"Yes grandfather!  I know exactly what you're talking about!"
"And what is that?"
"Are you really going to make me say it!?"
"Of course, Alex.  You have no choice what so ever."
I can't believe he was going to make me say it.
"You're disapointed because I've never really gotten a girl!  You want me to settle down and have a girlfriend, or a wife or something."
At that, he tossed his head back and laughed a very weird, creepy laugh.
"Oh my grandson!  You are right on the money.  Except for the settling down part-you must have many girlfriends, many many!  And much less get married.  I went there a few times, and trust me Alex.  You should just get as many girlfriends as you can!"
I nodded my head, he was probably right.

"Oh, but it's too late Alex!  Your life has come and gone.  I'm very disapointed in you!  For yourself.  I didn't let you down.  You let your own self down.  How could you let this happen?"
"What are you talking about?"
He pulled out a strange mirror from no where, and let it hover over the ground.
I walked over to it, and I was an old man.  I started to moan.
How could I let this happen to myself?  I don't want to be this way.  I don't want to be alone!  How could I have such little time left?  I have to try to get a lady before I pass!

Then, a strange looking grim reaper with sunglasses and blonde hair strolls over to me.
That's right, I heard the Grim Reaper got a new look!  It looks kind of cool.  I bet I could pull off those sunglasses!  But-focus, focus!  What does he want from me?
"Alex, your time is up.  You're going to have to burn in hell without ever getting a girlfriend, a kiss nothing.  You are nothing.  You won't even get to find a girl in hell.  You'll be too busy screaming in flames for the rest of eternity!"
Despair washed over me.  I wanted to cry, but my tears wouldn't come.  I wanted to moan-but no voice came.

And then, the Grim Reaper walked closer, and my world started to turn black.


And then I woke up with an uncomfortable taste in my mouth. Ok, so I normally don't think about my dreams or anything.  I usually don't remember anything in the morning worth contemplating.  Usually they're just vague little snapshots, but this dream was anything but vague.

Though the dream was somewhat blurry, I remember it all.  It was so weird.  The brief snapshots I usually remember from my dreams always just seem emotionless.  This one was anything but emotionless.  Maybe that's why I actually remembered it?

I really wasn't quite ready to leave my bedroom.  So I just sat on my bed and decided I wanted to contemplate my strange nightmare.

I hope that what my great grandfather said isn't true.  I want a girlfriend-but I don't want a girlfriend like he wanted a girlfriend.
My grandpa used to always tell me stories about my great grandfather when I was about twelve.  He didn't want me to be like him at all.  You see, he was a lady's man and treated his many girlfriends like they were pieces of meat. My grandpa was like this for a while, until he learned better.  He's just happily married to my grandma, Grace.  But my great grandpa never changed his ways.
You know what, I'm not going to let my dream come true.  I will not grow up old and single.  But only if I find a girl that gets me, understands me.  Seeing me only on my surface is not enough.
Well, enough thinking about this for now.  I should make some breakfast, even though Marshall and Jeff must still be snoozing the day away!

So I got dressed, and went downstairs.

Wow, so they actually were awake.  This is a shock.  They were both playing Night Warriors IV.  They were sitting with a seat in the middle of them.  Sometimes they do that when they want a lot of room, or to save a spot for me.  And, then both like the arms of the couch, so I was always stuck in the middle.

I sounded rather groggy still, "Hey good morning guys.  Why are you all up already?  I figured you'd sleep until one."
I figured that they didn't pull an all nighter because they acted enthusiastic enough playing their game.
"Hello sleepy head!  Actually, it is one o' clock... Could you make breakfast now?  We're starving."
"Sorry guys, I don't feel like making anything right now.  Go get your own breakfast!"

So Marshall and I got some cereal, and Jeff toasted a piece of bread and put jam on it.  The raspberry kind.
"So...Alex, buddy, what exactly happened last night?"
Jeff's tone was actually pretty soothing.  Usually he's really tense.  Then I remembered-all of a sudden I fell on the floor at the club we were at last night!  Oh my gosh, I'm so embarrased!  I was too busy thinking about my dream to even wonder about that!
"Oh...um...You see, it's like this..."
I didn't really want to admit to them that I fainted because the girl was about to kiss me.  Could I be any more lame?
"Alex, it's alright, we're just looking out for you.  We're your friends, we're not here to rub it in your face."

Okay, so I know they're trying to support me, listen to me or whatever, but I don't believe that they don't want to rub it in my face.  They always rub this kind of stuff in my face.  So why not now?

"Jeff, it's okay.  Don't make him say it.  Alex, the only thing we know is we saw you on the floor totally blacked out.  Marina said she has no clue what happened, you just all of a sudden fell on the floor. You don't have to tell us why if that makes you feel uncomfortable."

Obviously, my friends aren't exactly therapists.  But usually Marshall is better about it then Jeff is.
But well, they are my friends, so they deserve the truth, "Guys...Okay, I'll admit it.  I fainted because I could tell Marina was going to kiss me." I started to turn bright red. "Please don't laugh..."

Lucky for me, they didn't, but out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that Jeff turned around and was shaking.  Thanks, Jeff, he turned around so I wouldn't see him surpress his laugh.

Well, since that was so uncomfortable, I decided to change the subject, "so...guys, what happened with your girls?"
Jeff was the first to answer in his 'I'm such a womanizer' way, "Oh, Trista?  Well, I had to leave before we did that much to get you, but I have her number.  I'm going to call her sometime to invite her on a date.  She so loves me!  And she's so hot."
"Basically the same thing happened with me.  I have Stella's number and I'll call her soon to invite her on a date too.  Jeff and I are planning on going on a double date."

As usual, I was left out.  I am often let out with Jeff and Marshall.  Though we're all friends, I not only feel like a third wheel, but I also feel like I'm a grand careavan and they're chevrolet's. They are one in the same, and I'm not like them at all.  Heck, that's a bad simile.  I don't feel like I could be anyone.  At least with grand carevans, there's more than one of them!

And that's when I remembered, I have to go to work!  Lucky for me, my boss is leanient on when I get to work.  He's really laid back.  And...he's Jeff's dad.  He's always liked me when I was a kid, so he gives me slack.

I arrived to Billy's Tunes at about 2:00.  Every day I have to start work, I have to go to our store before I go to anyone's houses.  I pick up the instruments and radios there that I am going to sell for the day.  I've always liked the architecture of the building.  It looks so much better than the name implies it will look.  I mean 'Billy's Tunes'?  Really.

When I got inside, I saw Mr. Simmons dancing.  There wasn't anyone else in the store.  Like I said, he's pretty flexible.  He closes and opens the store whenever he feels like it!  That's probably why he's so flexible with my schedule.  Because he himself doesn't always work!  He obviously doesn't care for uniforms either.  Mr. Simmons is about the most unformal old man I've ever known.  What's more casual than ripped jeans and a no sleeve shirt?

He noticed me, "oh, hey!  Look who's decided to show up!  Were you out clubbin last night with my boy?"
"Yup, that's right, I actually made it to work today.  And yes, I was out clubbing."
That's Mr. Simmons for you, always kidding!  It's a shock that I even have to call him by his last name for obvious reasons.  It doesn't fool anyone, but still he thinks that we need to act at least somewhat formal since he's my boss.

The inside of our store is almost better than its outside. It has a really cool atmosphere unlike any other store. 

I went and grabbed a few instruments and radios to start selling.
"Oh, and Mr. Evans, I would just like to give you a heads up.  I'm thinking of having an meeting in a few days.  I will let you know on the details when I've decided when."
Though I'm just a door to door salesman, Mr. Simmons likes to have meetings sometimes with all of his employies.  Even the cashiers.  Sales reps are there, along with cashiers (even the low down people can help), those on the floor, and door to door salesmen like myself.
"Thanks for the heads up, Mr. Simmons!"

It wasn't until about 5:30 that I came to an interesting house.  Sure some people bought some of my stuff, and more people didn't.  Same old same old.  I didn't come across any interesting houses or people.

This house sure was strange.  The grass was dead, and many weeds littered the yard.  The backyard was sprawled with pine trees, and even a few dead trees.  If this house says anything about the person inside, I'll want to run.  Far. Away.  What, will it be some gothic lady telling me to scram or something?  Oh joyous day.  OH joyous, joyous day.

Reluctantly, I went to the door, bracing myself for the menace that would answer.

When a lady answered, I could tell I was very wrong.  I really got to work on my theory that the house determines the personality of the people who own it!
She was a very pretty young woman with blonde hair (Marshall would be drooling if he were here right now). She was even holding a little toddler.  She too had the looks of her mother.

Based on the house, I took out the antique radio I brought.  Now, for my speech.
"Hello miss.  I am Alex Evans of Billy's Tunes.  I would like to offer you one of our amazing products this evening.  This is our antique radio version thirteen.  It may look old, but I assure you it plays just as well as any radio!  It just has the look of an old radio to match any decor!"
I switched it on, and a classical song played.  Like I said, the sound quality was top notch.

She wasn't exactly only interested in the radio.
"Mmm, yes, I love this song."
She swayed her head back and forth, and moved her body a little bit in a sexy way.
"I don't only like this song, you know, Alex.  I would also like the man who turned it on."
Hmm, so a young woman with a little kid wants me?  Well, having a kid implies that she's much farther along than I in the...dating market.  And she looked to be only about two years old, so know what else that implies?  The father is no longer with her, or at least that's what it appears to me. And it's not exactly attractive to have such a little kid when you're that young without a father.
"I'm sorry miss, I can sell you the radio, but I cannot offer myself."
This is one of those exceptions where I can act well around women.  Since it's for my job, I know the lines and what I have to say, what I should say.  It's only different when I don't have to speak with them.
She looked down, sad that I rejected her.  "Sure, I'll buy the radio.  How much is it?"
"30 simoleons.  Thanks, come again."
She bought the radio, and I left.

Like I said, she was a very beautiful woman, but she was superficial.  The girl that I'll eventually have will not be like her at all.  Just from knowing her for five minutes, I could tell that she would never get me, or try to understand me.  Or even care.  I want more than that.  At this rate, it doesn't seem like there's a woman out there at all for me that fits my standards.  Sure there are many nice women, but they're not like me at all.  I hope that I will find a woman someday that I'm compatible with.  There's gotta be at least one out there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hoped you guys liked this chapter!  For the dreams he has, I will be making them varying degrees of bluriness/darkness as I did this time!  Because, as we all know, dreams aren't always that clear. 

Please comment.  I feel like no one is reading this if no one does.  I know some people comment on my page about it, but it's not always the same.  I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment