Monday, April 11, 2011

Introduction

I am Alex Evans.  I am just your everyday ordinary guy.  There's nothing particularily special about me.  I don't have much to say.  I'm not very good at introductions, but I'll do my best.  So what is there to say about myself?

Well, for starters I live with my two best friends Marshall and Jeff.  We became a group of friends when we entered middle school-yes middle school, not grade school.  All my friends from back then did the whole switchy "I want to change I'm older now" thing.  They became so mean, and the same thing happened with Marshall and Jeff's friends- except they were always friends.  I have no clue for how long.
School was so ordinary for me.  I wasn't the geek or a popular kid.  And I definitly wasn't shunned either (my mom was.  But for a very odd reason...I might get to telling that at some later date.  You wouldn't believe me if I told you).  I just went to school like any kid would.  But, I did raise my hand a lot though.  And not because I was particularily smart.  I was just curious and what not...sometimes I would ask questions that would make the class laugh, but that was about it.

When we were kids, Marshall, Jeff, and me would do the dumbest things for fun.  You know, guy stuff.  Like playing video games of course.  Making up our own games when we were younger-like cops and robbers.  Jeff usually won at that...But not so much tag.  Unlike every other guy my age, sports just isn't my thing.  Sure I'll go on the treadmill now and then to stay in shape, but for no other reason.

I have a...very strange job.  I'm a door-to-door salesman...amongst other things (I have other duties besides that sometimes).  The other reason I chose it is because I am charismatic, and I always found it fun to describe things.

Sometimes I have to deal with...rather strange people.  The people that live here must be strange-see that mail box?  Okay, maybe they're not strange-they're from Hawaii.  Most likely, that would be a good solid no way Jose.  After a while, you get used to reading the houses to determine what a person is like.

This dude will probably carry popcorn and have a big old beer gut and be all "what do you want?" But, unfortuatnatly I have to go to this house today...Oh joy.


I knocked on the door, and I studied the man who opened it.  And, oh my gosh, this guy looks like his name could be Jose. Coincidence?  Maybe he moved to Hawaii for a while and met a Hawaiin woman, took her as his bride then moved here, bringing her mailbox with her.  Because otherwise, this guy doesn't seem like the Hawaiin flower kind of guy.

As for my sales pitch, his expression was a good sign.  He wasn't super angry like I thought he would be, and he didn't have a 'normal' expression (because then it's likely that they would look at you "calmly" and say-'get out of my house now before I call the police').  Instead, he looked reluctant.  In other words, he should listen to me and hopefully give in...

Here it goes..."Hello, sir.  I am Alexandar Evans of Billy's Tunes, and I would like to offer you one of our amazing products today.  The here is our guitar, version seventy two.  Its strings work like a charm, and we offer sleek beautiful designs."   I know, 'Billy's Tunes' is a dorky name for a company.  But it puts the bread on the table, right?  I have this job mostly just because I'm a good speaker.  And...I've always been persuasive, which is one of my few 'skills', so I figured it would be a good idea to have a job for it.

He was just staring at me.  He wasn't moving his arms to gesture to the door to make me get out, and it didn't look like he was going to speak either.  So, I started to play the guitar for him so he could see how 'well it plays'.  Not that I'm a good musician myself, but I took a few little classes just for this job. "As you can hear, this baby works like a charm.  This is the guitar you want-this is the guitar you need!"  I used to laugh when I'd give my sales pitch, but I don't anymore.  Marshall and Jeff still do when I mock my profession (well, we always used to mock our teachers, so this should follow, right?).
Well, when I started to speak to me, I felt he would accept.  If they let me speak, usually they do.  Why else would they listen to me rant?
"Thanks for the offer Mr. Evans, but I already own a guitar."
"Well, in that case, Billy's Tunes offers classes for the low, low price of 100 dollars for six classes!  What do you say?"
"No, thanks. I just play for fun.  I don't need any classes.  Goodbye, Mr. Evans."  He started to use that tone that customers always use when they want you to leave.  Of course, I'm not supposed to leave that easily.
"But wait!  We also offer great radios, sound systems, and other instruments including drums, pianos..."
"Good day sir!"  It was final.  He used that tone that says 'I am done listening to you rant about the company you work for, there's no way I'm buying anything from the likes of you'.

 So yeah, that's my life.  There isn't much to it.  I'm just your everyday, average guy.  There isn't anything special about me that my friends and parents try to convince to me otherwise.  I just want my life to get more interesting.  I need pizazz, pronto.  But I have no idea what I want.

6 comments:

  1. I really like it! A lot. ^.^
    I like his job, I lol'd a couple of times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...ok then. That actually isn't really the point. Him having that job is part of the reason why he feels the way about his life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the job he has. I think it's like a new breath of air to see someone who doesn't have a super fancy profession. Somebody got to be the sales-man too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did u get that job for him,please tell!Please!

    ReplyDelete